Every grade level has an annual cornerstone field trip that supports academic standards address in class. When available, additional field trips are added to enhance immersion and specials classes. Parents are encouraged to chaperone field trips especially those parents whose children have medical needs. For more information on grade level filed trips, please contact your child’s teacher(s).
Nutrition Services Survey
DCSD Nutrition Services is developing a Strategic Plan to align with the District’s new Strategic Plan. In order to ensure we are working in the direction our customers and stakeholders want us to go, we need your help in getting feedback from parents, school staff members and students. By taking 5 minutes to complete this online survey and providing valuable insight, you can ensure that your voice is heard!
Access survey by clicking here: DCSD Nutrition Services Survey
Revised International Day Schedule
Our International day scheduled has been revised to provide 6 weeks between events. This will allow all students an opportunity to complete a 2 week rotation in ART and learn about the culture of the focus country and produce art work for display on International day.
- Friday, September 27 - Colombia
- Friday, November 1 - France
- Thursday, December 19 - Sweden
Friday, January 31 - KoreaTHIS WILL STILL BE A ½ DAY!
- Friday, February 28 -
Greece** South Korea Friday, April 3 - Dominican RepublicTHIS WILL STILL BE A ½ DAY!
- Friday, May 1 -
United States of AmericaDominican Republic
** Greece has been moved to September 2020!!
Halloween Celebrations- October 31st from 2:30 pm – 3:30 pm
Costumes: Students may change into costumes prior to the “Parade of Costumes” at 2:30 pm (costumes SHOULD NOT be worn all day!) All costumes should adhere to the following guidelines:
- No masks or full face painting will be allowed. However students can have “limited” makeup like whiskers, freckles, eye makeup, etc.
- Costumes must not be too scary or inappropriate for the school environment. Please no gory or grotesque costumes.
- No props are allowed. (no swords, weapons, wands, etc)
- The school is not responsible for costumes that are torn or damaged while at school.
- Costumes should not interfere with the ability of a student to go to the bathroom by themselves.
Parade: Beginning at 2:30 pm, students will march in the “Parade of Costumes” through the hallways and out in front of school (weather permitting) to show-off their costumes. Parents wishing to view the parade may line up along the outdoor parade loop along the front sidewalk.
Classroom Parties: Classroom parties will commence immediately following the parade. Please contact your child’s afternoon teacher for more information.
Students not wishing to participate in Halloween festivities are invited to Art Club with Mrs. Steers beginning at 2:30 pm in the Art Room!!
Trick or Treat on Mainstreet
Please join us at Trick or Treat on
Mainstreet between 3:30 pm and 7:00 pm this on October 31st. The GVA-DC booth location is TBA. Event parking will be available at O'Brien Park and south of Pilgrims Pl on Pikes Peak Dr. We look forward to seeing you there!
We are conducting a drive to collect candy to hand out at Trick or Treat on
Mainstreet. Please drop-off bags of individually wrapped candy to the front office beginning Monday, October 28th.
The Week Ahead
Monday, October 21
- ENCORE Q2 Classes begin
Tuesday, October 22
- Spanish Village Field Trip @ 9:30 am – 11:30 am (PACE Center)
- Seal of Biliteracy Jr Acceptance Reception @ 4:30 pm – 5:15 pm (TBA)
Wednesday, October 23
- Cross Country Meet @ 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm
- LAST MEET OF THE SEASON!!!!
Have a great week!