Veterans Day (originally known as Armistice Day) is a federal holiday in the United States observed annually on November 11, for honoring military veterans, that is, persons who have served in the United States Armed Forces. It coincides with other holidays including Armistice Day and Remembrance Day which are celebrated in other countries that mark the anniversary of the end of World War I. Major hostilities of World War I were formally ended at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918, when the Armistice with Germany went into effect. At the urging of major U.S. veteran organizations, Armistice Day was renamed Veterans Day in 1954.
Thank you to all of our families and friends who have served our country to protect our freedoms!
Fall Dinner Basket Drive
Thank you to all of the families that have signed up to bring items for our Fall Dinner Basket Drive! Currently the sign-up genius for requested items IS FULL!! If you signed up to bring donations, please bring them in by Thursday, November 14th so 6thgrade students can begin assembling the baskets.
Monet Field Trip Information
This fall the Denver Art Museum will be home to the most comprehensive U.S. exhibition of Monet paintings in more than two decades when it presents Claude Monet: The Truth of Nature. Students in grades 4th, 5th and 6th are going on a field trip to the Denver Art Museum with Mrs. Steers and his or her classroom teacher on Tuesday, November 12th.
- If you have not already done so, please register your students for this trip ASAP!!! Payment(s) can be made through the Flyer App (Forms-Field Trips) or by clicking here
- If you are interested in chaperoning, four parent chaperone spots are available per class at a discounted rate of $25.00 each. Please sign up here. The bus for parents is free.
Science Fair Update
Science Fair Projects are required for all students in grades 3 through 6. Information packets were sent home with students September 6th. These packets provided most of the necessary information to get started.
- For more information related to Science Fair, visit Ms. Elliott’s school website
All Science Fair Projects are due to PM teachers on Monday, November 18th.
- Projects will be judged November 18th – 20th.
- Each grade level will have a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winner.
- In addition, projects from all grades will be eligible for overall honors.
- On Thursday, November 21st, classes are invited (by grade level) to an awards assembly followed by a gallery walk of Science Fair Projects.
- The Science Fair will be open to parents from 4:00 pm – 4:30 pm.
The Week Ahead
Fall Dinner Basket Drive- Monday, November 11th – Thursday, November 14th
Monday, November 11th
- Veteran’s Day
Tuesday, November 12th
- Principal’s Coffee at 8:15 am (Cafeteria)
- Denver Art Museum Field Trip (4th, 5th and 6th Grade Students)
Thursday, November 14th
- Fall Dinner Basket Drive Donations Due
- PIC Meeting at 6:30 pm (Cafeteria)
Monday, November 18th
- Science fair Projects Due
Tuesday, November 19th
- Site Visit: Dr. Tucker, DCSD Superintendent at 9:00 am
Wednesday, November 20th
- Board of Directors Meeting at 6:30 pm
Thursday, November 21
- Science Fair
Friday, November 22nd
- Professional Development (All Day) - NO STUDENTS
Monday November 25th – Friday, November 29th
- Thanksgiving Break!!!
I am so thankful that I get to work with such amazing families! Thank you for partnering with me in the education of your children!!