Douglas County Libraries: Help Our School Win $500!
Douglas County Libraries Foundation will give $500 to the school with the most sign-ups for Douglas County Libraries Summer Reading. Register online now!
Registration is Simple
- Visit DCL.org/summer-reading and click “Registration.”
- Register the whole family, being sure to include our school name and your/your child/ren’s grade(s) so our school gets credit.
This could be the easiest $500 we’ve ever raised! Thank you for supporting literacy, friendly competition and this simple fundraising effort. Winners will be announced in August. Sign up and let’s win!
- Summer Bingo Reading Program Coming soon!
- Learn more here
- Read any eight books this summer and record them in this Summer Reading Journal.
- Tell us which part of the book is your favorite, and why.
- Bring your completed journal to a Barnes & Noble store between July 1st and August 31st, 2020.
- Choose your free reading adventure from the books on their list
- Download Summer Reading Journal Grades 1-6
- Visit the special Scholastic Summer Read-a-Palooza zone where kids can start and keep their reading streaks, earn special rewards, and more.
- At any point during the summer, kids can download and print a report of their reading progress to share with their parent, educator, librarian, or group leader.
- Home Base is available on the web at scholastic.com/homebase, and as an app for both Apple and Android devices.