The Colorado Department of Education, in partnership with the Colorado Center for Rural Education at the University of Northern Colorado, is pleased to announce the availability of a $300 stipend for new substitutes that can be used to reimburse a variety of costs associated with obtaining a substitute authorization.
Individuals who are new to substitute teaching in Colorado and who hold a valid Colorado 1-year, 3-year or 5-year Substitute Authorization (or a valid Colorado teacher license) may qualify for the stipend upon meeting the eligibility requirements detailed below.
To be eligible for the $300 funding, individuals must:
- Be a first-time substitute teacher in Colorado
- Hold a valid Colorado substitute authorization or a valid Colorado teacher license
- Register and complete a Substitute Boot Camp online course
- Work a minimum of one day as a substitute in a Colorado school district, BOCES, charter, or approved facility school.
Eligible applicants must submit a completed Substitute Certification Form and W-9. Stipends are limited and will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis, so be sure to submit your application early! Additional information, including application details and forms, is available on the Colorado Substitute Stipend webpage.
- For eligibility questions email educator_recruitment@
- For questions related to stipend payments email substitutestipe
Click here for more information.