How to Volunteer
Here are just a few ways you can help throughout the year! Many of these can be done at home! Volunteer opportunities are listed on the Flyer App, GVA Monday Emails, and GVA-DC groups on Facebook.
- Helping Teachers
- Help with folders, scanning, etc.
- Purchasing* from “Wish List” and teacher REQUESTS (like scholastic books, materials, etc.)
- Re-Shelving Books
- Purchasing* items for Hospitality
- Time spent preparing and cooking meals
- Purchasing* REQUESTED items from GVA-DC and PIC (items are mentioned throughout the school year)
- GVA-DC Events
- Book Fair Assistant
- International Day
- Attending PIC Meeting
- Attending Coffee with the Principal
- Be a Member of PIC-DC
Lunch Volunteers (starting January 2021)
Every family is asking to volunteer 30 hours for the school year, and logging their volunteer hours at https://bit.ly/2021volunteer.
Due to COVID-19 we require all volunteers to wear a mask, be prepared to have your temperature checked, and follow GVA COVID-19 procedures. When volunteering at GVA-DC we ask for Adults only, NO Siblings. Thank you for understanding these new procedures!
Questions or Volunteer Suggestions please contact our Volunteer Coordinator Irene at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate all of your support and know that it takes a village to run this school and support our children!
For every $10 purchased = 1 hour of volunteer time.