We are expecting cold, snowy weather this week. As a reminder, GVA-DC follows Douglas County Inclement Weather Policy. A decision is made by the superintendent by 5:00 am for a delay or closure if the forecast or current conditions are concerning. If a delay or cancellation is to be implemented, families will receive a text message and email via SchoolMessenger (make sure you're opted in!) no later than 6:00 a.m. Notifications are sent to local media agencies and posted on the GVA-DC website as well as social media channels.
***Due to the weather expected this week, Fun Run Prize Day has been rescheduled for Monday, November 4th.
END OF DAY MADNESS
Between 3:00 pm and 3:30 pm is one of the busiest times of the day in the front office. Please refrain from coming in to the office during this time to sign students out early, ask questions, pick up QR codes, etc…Thank you in advance for your help!
Parents are encouraged to review school lunch choices with their students every day. If students do not like either menu option on a particular day, parents are encouraged to send a lunch from home. Up-to-date lunch menus can be found here.
HALLOWEEN CELEBRATIONS- October 31st from 2:30 pm – 3:30 pm
Costumes: Students may change into costumes prior to the “Parade of Costumes” at 2:30 pm (costumes SHOULD NOT be worn all day!) All costumes should adhere to the following guidelines:
- No masks or full face painting will be allowed. However students can have “limited” makeup like whiskers, freckles, eye makeup, etc.
- Costumes must not be too scary or inappropriate for the school environment. Please no gory or grotesque costumes.
- No props are allowed. (no swords, weapons, wands, etc)
- The school is not responsible for costumes that are torn or damaged while at school.
- Costumes should not interfere with the ability of a student to go to the bathroom by themselves.
Parade: Beginning at 2:30 pm, students will march in the “Parade of Costumes” through the hallways and out in front of school (weather permitting) to show-off their costumes. Parents wishing to view the parade may line up along the outdoor parade loop along the front sidewalk.
Classroom Parties: Classroom parties will commence immediately following the parade. Please contact your child’s afternoon teacher for more information.
Students not wishing to participate in Halloween festivities are invited to Art Club with Mrs. Steers beginning at 2:30 pm in the Art Room!!
Trick or Treat on Mainstreet
Please join us at Trick or Treat on
Mainstreet between 3:30 pm and 7:00 pm this on October 31st. The GVA-DC booth location is TBA. Event parking will be available at O'Brien Park and south of Pilgrims Pl on Pikes Peak Dr. We look forward to seeing you there!
We are conducting a drive to collect candy to hand out at Trick or Treat on
Mainstreet. Please drop-off bags of individually wrapped candy to the front office beginning Monday, October 28th.
THE WEEK AHEAD
Monday, October 28th
- Town Hall Meeting at 6:00 pm (Cafeteria)
Tuesday, October 29th
- Fun Run Prize Day Rescheduled for Monday, November 4
Wednesday, October 30th
- Prospective Parent Information Night at 6:00 pm
Thursday, October 31st
- 2nd Grade Field Trip- Littleton Museum at 9:00 am – 1:30 pm
- Costume Parade @ 2:30 pm
- Classroom Celebrations (Following the Costume Parade)
- Trick or Treat on Mainstreet @ 3:30 pm – 7:00 pm
Friday, October 25th
- International Day France @ 8:45 am and 10:00 am
- Early Release for Students @ 12:00 pm Free Dress Day!!
Have a great week!