Enrollment & Admissions Process
Global Village Academy Douglas County(GVA-DC) is a tuition-free, public charter school open to all students.
Students are accepted on a first-come basis, except for siblings and children of employees, who are given preference*.
2024-25 Open Enrollment Begins November 1, 2023
After filling out an application:
- Families will be notified to Accept or Decline their student's seat.
- Students are offered in the order of applications received.
- If all seats are filled, students will be moved to the waitlist.
- All students who accepted their seats will be emailed a link to complete the online registration packet.
- After completing their enrollment packet, the student will be officially enrolled.
Enrollment for 2nd-5th Grade Students
- Students enrolling in the Douglas County Campus for 2nd - 5th grade should know the immersion language before enrolling.
- Students should be at the Novice Mid-level and above in listening skills defined by the ACTFL Proficiency Guidelines.
- *Siblings of currently enrolled students, which includes children whose primary guardian(s) are also the primary guardian(s) of other children already enrolled in the program (in the case of joint custody, primary guardians must have custody of at least 50% of the time).
- *Children of school employees, which includes children of staff or faculty members who work at least half-time, have full or joint custody of the child and started work on or before the first day of school of the year in which they apply.