Health & Wellness

New Tylenol Process

We have received information from the district that the process for administering Tylenol (acetaminophen) to students at school has changed. Parents must provide a medication order signed by their Healthcare Provider in order for their student to receive Tylenol at school.  NSA will no longer have a standing physician order for students to receive acetaminophen.  This is based on guidance from CDE in accordance with the Colorado Nurse Practice Act. The state recommends schools operate in a manner similar to a hospital setting; no medication, even an over-the-counter one, can be given without a doctor’s order. Once received, a nurse may delegate administration of either a prescription or over-the-counter med, based on the Health Care Provider’s order. More information about the current recommendations for the use of Tylenol can be found at this link:  Tylenol  Infant & Child dosing

Tylenol will now be handled in the same manner as all other medications at school.  If you would like for your student/s to receive Tylenol at school, you will need to have the Medication Release Form signed by your doctor and yourself and provide the Tylenol for your student.

Immunizations Records

2019-20 K-12th Grade School Required Immunizations
  • Immunization records are a required document we must have on file at the school.
  • Students must be up to date on all shots or a waiver signed if you have chosen not to vaccinate your student.
  • Students will not be able to come to school until we receive the immunization records or wavier starting in the new school year.
  • We will contact all families that are not up to date on their immunizations.
  • Current 5th-grade students that will be in 6th grade the following year need to get the TDAP shot over summer break and we need the updated record