This is our 5th annual fun run and is our largest fundraiser for the school. The Dragon Fun Run is more than just a fundraiser – it will be an all student participation activity during school hours that will be fun, promote good fitness and drive school spirit.
We are trying to raise $22,000 and we can’t do it without your help! Students can earn individual, class and school-wide prizes & events!
This year’s goal is only $50 per student – easily attainable! The best strategy is to help your student start finding sponsors & donors right away. Check out the parent letter or our website for the full list of prizes your student can earn – some of them are listed at the end of this email.
9/16: Dragon Fun Run Video Assembly
Your student will watch a video assembly at school to learn more about the Run and the prizes they can earn.
Informational materials will come home today or in their weekly school folders so that students can start contacting friends and family to raise funds towards their prize goals.
Help your child(ren) by sponsoring them for the Dragon Fun Run and helping them find other sponsors like Grandparents, Aunts and Uncles, Neighbors, and family friends.
Go to r4funds.com/schools/
gvadouglas20/ to easily send out emails to potential sponsors, make online Donations and check online totals. Password: douglas
Check out the back of the pledge sheet and the website for the cool prizes that your child(ren) can earn! They can also earn class prizes listed below!
9/29: Dragon Fun Run Email Campaign Due Day
We have a great email tool on your website to help increase your donations! And we are rewarding you for using it!
On the Family Resources page at r4funds.com/schools/
gvadouglas20/, parents/students can send out donation request/informational emails to friends and family. When you send out 10 emails through this system by 9/29 your student will earn a Squishy Emoji Keychain!
10/1: Dragon Fun Run Date
Your child(ren) will run/walk as many laps as they can around the track in their 30 minute run slot. The track is 1/16 of a mile (16 laps =1 mile). Students average 25-30 laps with a 50 lap max.
Due to Covid restrictions, no volunteers or spectators will be allowed at the run.
10/7: All Donations Due
All donations are due today. We are asking that donations be done online via our website to avoid unnecessary contact or money handling.
10/28: Prize Day
Your website has lots of information and tools to help you and your student make the most of our fundraiser and stay socially distant. Be sure to check it out at r4funds.com/schools/
Some quick highlights are:
- Simple online giving for friends, family and other donors! Due to Covid restrictions (cash handling and no volunteers in the school) we are asking for all donations to be made online. Given this request, if you still have to send a check or cash, it must be turned in by your student by 10/7. Please make checks out to PIC-GVA-DC.
- Students or parents can send out emails to potential donors directly through the website! Personalize the pre-loaded email message on the “Family Resources” tab to let everyone know how to sponsor your student! No need to go door to door asking for donations.
Parents can check students’ donations easily on the “Check my student donations” tab
- You will use the password douglas and then follow directions on the following page to see posted donations for your student(s)
- If donations are not showing up, it is most likely because the student name entered on the donation does not match the student name on the school roster.
- Run4Fund$ staff will go through each donation to make sure they match up to a student as they run reports – no donations are lost or uncounted.
- Goal tracking thermometers in real time for school and classrooms!
- Answers to lots more questions in our FAQ’s section!
- Important dates, prizes and other reminders all in one place!
Any questions? Please contact email@example.com
To see a run and some of the great prizes, check out our video (please note that this video was filmed pre-covid so many changes have been made to keep everyone safe): Parent Welcome Video
Class parties are:
- Top Dollar Class = Hamster Ball Party @ School
- Top Laps Class = Hamster Ball Party @ School
When we reach milestone fundraising goals everyone earns a prize!!
$7,500 Foam Party, $15,000 Inflatables, $22,000 Dippin Dots!