Curious young scientists in grades K-3 can explore hands-on topics in exciting events like Gummy Bear Long Jump and Don’t Bug Me. Students in grades 4-6 will have a chance to show off their extraordinary science knowledge and put their STEM skills to the test as they compete in events such as Rock Hound and Operation Egg Drop.
Can’t wait until January?
- Scientists in grades 4-6 can bolster their knowledge and hone their lab skills as they prepare for stiff competition by joining the Science Olympiad Club now!
- Sci Oly Club will meet at GVA weekly on Thursdays from 3:45-5:15, starting Sep 28, 2023.
- Club scientists will gain access to extra events like Aerodynamics Aloft, Circuit Wizardry, and Straw Towers.
- Sign up for the Sci Oly Club
Science Olympiad is a national organization that recognizes outstanding science achievements by increasing K-12 STEM opportunities and organizing Science Olympiad tournaments and non-competitive events in every state. Find out more about the Science Olympiad at www.soinc.org.
Space is limited, so don’t delay! Sign up your child today for 15 weeks of action-packed, brain-stretching science fun!
Help Fund the GVA DC First Annual Elementary Science Olympiad
Ms. McKenzie has created a Donors Choose to raise funds for a Science Olympiad!
- At our Science Olympiad Fun Night, our students can participate in exciting events that ignite their curiosity, challenge their thinking, and foster teamwork.
- Funding for this project will allow our school to purchase two complete Elementary Science Olympiad In-A-Box kits and an Elementary Science Olympiad Professional Development Manual to help ensure our first event is successful and allows all of our students the opportunity to participate.
- The CDE funding for the Donors Choose campaigns has run out, so additional support is appreciated!