Dear Kindergarten Parents,
Welcome to Global Village Academy Douglas County! We are thrilled to be teaching your son or daughter as they begin an exciting new year!
Balanced Beginnings for Kindergarteners
At GVA-DC we use a special transition process for our incoming Kindergarten students called Balanced Beginnings. Students' first days of school will be staggered, with small groups of students coming in each day.
Bringing in small groups of students, rather than the entire class, eases the transition into Kindergarten and allows teachers and students to build positive relationships, introduce the new environment and routines, and collect data as they begin their year with students.
Personalized letters will be sent out to families in early August with the date and time of their student’s first day of school.
- In order to confirm your seat next year, you will need to complete your online Registration Packet and then submit your required documents by email, fax, or drop off to the Front Office (hours are 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM) as soon as possible.
- There is also a Materials Fee of $150 due each academic year which you can either pay online or with cash or check.
Free and Reduced Lunch
- Free and Reduced Lunch applications will be available in late July.
- For more information regarding income eligibility and other aspects of the school meals program, please visit this website.
- Our school app is called ReachWell. This will be a great tool to keep in touch with teachers in the fall. It is loaded with great information and we use it for reminders and important information.
- Learn more here.
- If you are not already receiving the weekly, emailed newsletter, sign up here.
If you have any further questions, please contact
- Erika Montgomery, Registrar, [email protected]
We look forward to working with you and getting to know your family!